In This Section
Be the first to receive all our latest news and exclusive luxury offers.
- Information about you
- Use of tools/”cookies” and links to other websites
- Security statement
- Changes to this policy
Information about you
This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you. We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist our resorts where appropriate.
(2) We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies and our service providers who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These purposes include administration, service, quality and improvement-related activities, customer care, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programmes, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection.
(3) Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
WE MAY SEND YOU RELEVANT OFFERS AND NEWS ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IN A NUMBER OF WAYS, INCLUDING BY EMAIL. WE WILL ONLY DO THIS IF YOU PREVIOUSLY AGREED TO RECEIVE THESE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS.
YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES ONLINE, OVER THE PHONE OR BY WRITING (E.G. EMAIL OR POST) TO US AT ANY TIME AND WE WILL AMEND OUR RECORDS ACCORDINGLY.
IF YOU ASK US TO STOP SENDING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS, PLEASE NOTE WE WILL STILL RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR SERVICE-RELATED COMMUNICATIONS FROM US. FOR EXAMPLE, CONFIRMING BOOKINGS YOU MAKE WITH US AND PROVIDING IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE USE OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
(1) On completing our Data Subject Access Request form, you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
(2) You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. If available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), use our “unsubscribe email”, opt-out of personalised emails or refer to our literature containing instructions. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
(3) For a list of relevant brands, please send us your request. Please write to Design Holidays, Design House , Stairbridge Court, Stairbridge Lane, Bolney , West Sussex RH17 5PA.
For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully. To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, improve our service and for security and fraud, we may review, monitor and/or record: (1) telephone calls; (2) activities using CCTV in and around our premises; (3) transactions and activities at all points of contact; and (4) web, social media and app traffic, activities, etc. All recordings and derivative materials are and shall remain our sole property.
We have taken all reasonable steps and have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website or made available on request.
Changes to this policy.
We have created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to confidentiality. The following discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site.
Information Automatically Collected and Logged
We anonymously collect visitor data to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our web site. Cookies are small snippets of data that a web site sends to your browser for storage. You can read and/ or delete cookies at any time and even set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
Our site/s use an enquiry form for customers to request information, products and services. We collect contact information such as your e-mail address etc. All information remains confidential with Design Holidays and is not passed on to any other company and we are completely GDPR compliant. On some pages we may set a “cookie” so that information can be saved and retrieved by the web page. For example, multiple enquiries do not have to fill-in the same contact details each time. Users may opt-out of receiving mailings at any time – see the choice/opt-out section below.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
Our site provides visitors with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving information from us by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
This site gives visitors the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contacting the Web Site Owners
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact: email@example.com